

## Monthly Meeting Minutes District 11 May 5th, 2022

Location: Online via Zoom

Meeting time: 7:00 p.m.

Attendance:   28  

Committee members:   13  

Groups represented:   12  

Guests:   1  

Read Twelve Traditions:   Georgene  

Read Concept of the Month:   Mark D  

New GSRs or Alt. GSRs present:   Jordan, Matt, Dan  

New attendees present:   1  

Anniversaries:   Emily P. 10 Years!  Richie H. 34 Years!  

### OFFICERS' REPORTS

#### DCM Report: Isidro B. - DCM

- 12 concepts study on the 3rd Thursday of the month via Zoom. 7:30pm ID: 970 0499 1067, PW: 639187

I hope everyone is doing well and that you had a happy and healthy April.

On April 9th, I attended the 2022 NIA 20 Pre-General Service Conference Workshop at the Lord of Life Church in Elburn, IL. It was the first in-person area event in 2 years, so it was nice to be with everyone, especially the members of District 11 who were in attendance. There was a lot of good discussion and I left feeling confident that Chris, our Area 20 Delegate, clearly received the collective conscience of the area to take with him to the General Service Conference. I have begun the dialog with Chris to have him give a report of this year's General Service Conference at an upcoming district meeting.

On April 21st, I attended the Legacy of Service: Concepts Study. There were only a few of us present, but we still had a great meeting with a great discussion. We read "Concept Two" in the Twelve Concepts portion of the book The A.A. Service Manual combined with Twelve Concepts for World Service. Our next meeting will be May 19th at 7:30 pm. We will be staring at "Concept Three". I look forward to and hope to see you at our next meeting.

I wanted to remind everyone that District 11 will be hosting the 2022 NIA 20 Winter Assembly and has been asked to host a workshop at this year's McHenry Soberfest Conference. Please let me know if you or members of your group would like to assist in the planning of either of these events. We will hold our first planning meeting for the Winter Assembly on May 19th following the Legacy of Service: Concepts Study (8:30pm). We will go over the "Assembly Facility Requirements" provided to me by Dawn (Alt. Area Chair) and brainstorm locations.

Below is a list of some upcoming events:

- 05/12/2022 – NIA 20 Grapevine Monthly Workshop
  - 7pm via Zoom
  - Meeting ID: 83853282292 / Passcode: grapevine
- 05/14/2022 – NIA 20 Spring Committee Meeting
  - 8am – 12pm at Lord of Life Church (LaFox, IL) and via Zoom
  - Information on how to register once received
- 05/19/2022 – Legacy of Service: Concepts Study
  - 7:30pm via Zoom
  - Meeting ID: 970 0499 1067 / Passcode: 639187

- 05/19/2022 – District 11 Winter Assembly Planning Meeting
  - Following Legacy of Service: Concepts Study (8:30pm)
  - Meeting ID: 970 0499 1067 / Passcode: 639187

Finally, remember to mention to your groups that there are still many open positions on the District 11 Committee. The current open positions can be found on the agenda for the upcoming district meeting, district website, meeting minutes, or through your General Service Representative. For past minutes, financial reports, district literature, and to learn where a group can send their contributions, please visit our website [www.aa-nia-dist11.org](http://www.aa-nia-dist11.org).

Jake R: Are all the area meetings in the Meeting Schedule updated? Because they all say zoom, are they hybrid?

Sid: I'll follow up and confirm that when I hear about the spring committee meeting.

Jordan: I'm curious about where all this information is that we're talking about?

Sid and Emily: we gotchu fam.

Alt DCM Report: OPEN- Alt. DCM

- NA

Secretary's Report: Mike M. - Secretary, OPEN - Alt. Secretary

- Motion to accept. March Minutes.

**\*\*Motion to accept the minutes as sent, \_\_\_\_\_, 2nd \_\_\_georgene \_\_\_\_\_. Passes.**

Please send written committee reports to the secretary to be submitted in minutes.

Email: [secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org](mailto:secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org)

Treasurer's Report: Clint K. - Treasurer, Keith B. - Alt. Treasurer

- Available Funds, minus \$4000 prudent reserve: \$4,622.42
- Income from Individual Groups: \$1,218.00
- Expenses incurred: \$711.30
- There was one check "returned" that had to be sent twice and we had a \$15.00 service fee for that.

Keith Alt:

We did send out the amended treasury report last month with the minutes. Please get on the email list.

Almost all April Tradition 7 contributions contained enough information to properly credit your groups. For group contributions, please use the pre-printed envelope or the group contribution form available at the District website. Fill in the information as best you can. If your group doesn't have a group ID number, you can register with GSO to obtain one. Otherwise provide group Name, time day and location.

- Is there a Motion to accept the April 2022 Treasurer's Report?
- Keith: motion to approve the treasurer's report.

**\*\*Motion to Accept Report: \_\_\_\_\_, 2nd- \_\_\_Rich \_\_\_\_\_. Passes.**

## **COMMITTEE REPORTS**

Accessibility Report: OPEN. - Chair, OPEN- Alt. Chair

- NA

**Answering Service Report:** Mike N. - Chair, OPEN - Alt. Chair

- 48 total calls were received.
- 43 calls were forwarded. Thank you to all that responded!
- 5 calls were not forwarded.
- 0 calls were for AIAnon and forwarded accordingly.
- 1 call I returned. Crystal lake food pantry asking for D11 schedules.
- Thank you again to our stand-by/go-to volunteers!
- This was a great month. We had a very high return call rate. we can't do this without you.
- I lost the list, a few people volunteered last month but I lost the list. Could you send me a direct message please?
- All call volunteer positions are filled. We will gladly accept names for future openings. If you know someone interested in service work, this is an excellent place to help out. Please feel free to have them contact me. We prefer one year of sobriety and have worked the steps with a sponsor.

**Archives Report:** Rich H. - Chair

- No Report.

**CPC Report:** Ryan - Chair, Todd K. - Alt. Chair

- CPC report for the month of April-May is as follows: Slow month on this side, ordered the appropriate literature we plan to leave at each presentation. One of the three pamphlets is heavily back ordered so we will move forward using the 2 we do have as well as handing off meeting guides. Committee member Chris V and I are tasked with continuing to contact medical professionals and arrange a verbal presentation. Todd K the alternate is currently scripting a format that any member can roughly follow to adhere to the committee's purpose. Hoping to break the ice with our first presentation soon.
- I spoke to Clint and he paid me back quickly.
- I did order the literature.
- 1 of the 3 pamphlets is heavily backordered. So we'll work with 2 for our presentation.
- Chris P and I are going out. We're focusing on medical professionals in Mchenry county.
- Todd K is scripting a format to use in these settings for anyone to use.
- Getting ready to do our first presentation, but no bites right now. Looking forward to this month.

**Corrections Report:** Steve K. - Chair, Michelle D. - Alt. Chair

- The jail sent out an email saying they'll be starting the meetings soon. (to all the volunteer programs).
- Expect to have them begin by the end of May.
- They did have a bit of an outbreak at the jail. Most news is week by week determining if it's safe to have the meetings.
- I'll follow up with the chief soon.
- I contacted all the male volunteers from my list for every week. And they all responded with YEE HAW!
- Michelle found some jpeg. To get some new people to apply.

**Michelle:**

- I did a deep dive into Mchenry county sheriff dot com.
- The link to volunteer has been taken down. But they revamped their site so it could just be reorganized.

- There is a PDF that is not too complicated.
- The quiz is the most difficult part of the process.
- Maybe Steve could contact the webmaster at the jail to fix it.
- Ladies, we aren't "desperate" but we're desperate for volunteers. So when this all gets going again, we'll be ready to go!

Keith: district level, I've heard a couple guys interested in becoming part of it. Michelle is talking about the process of signing up.

Sid: have you received any emails coming from the corrections district email

Steve: Harry told me to check my spam folder. I want to have 4 volunteers for every meeting. 1 for each pod. I have enough volunteers, but would feel better with more.

**GSR Orientation Chair Report:** Emily P - Chair

- If you are a new GSR, and you're like, "I don't know what you're talking about"
- I am here. For your support, in any capacity that is needed.
- No other report.
- If anyone else is confused, needs assistance, or just wants to chat about what the heck general service is all about, we can schedule a phone call (847) 691-1540 or email me at [e.berg01788@gmail.com](mailto:e.berg01788@gmail.com).

**Grapevine Report:** OPEN - Chair, OPEN - Alt. Chair

- NA

**Literature:** OPEN - Chair, OPEN - Alt. Chair

- NA

**LCM Report:** Holly G.

- Nothing to report.

**Public Information Report:** Courtney J - Chair, Georgene R. - Alt Chair

Courtney:

- Spoke to district 15&16 area behavioral therapist who gave me information for mchenry middle schools and high school principals to set up next school years talk for health class. Sending emails this week to set up those dates.
- Waiting to meet with Georgene possibly tomorrow to get schedules.
- MAC needs more schedules. I will give those to them.
- I have Spring Grove, Richmond, and Hebron.
- I go to the Richmond meeting, I'm replacing them with new schedules and business cards.
- Police station and fire dept in spring grove.

Georgene:

- Picked up schedules from DFL and will be bringing some to Courtney our PI Chair.
- I will be dropping off schedules to Richmond Village Hall and the fire station.
- Spring Grove Police Department and fire station.
- I will be going to locations in Hebron.
- Three Legacies Group open AA Speaker Meeting
  - Sunday May 29th at 7:00pm Via zoom
  - Speaker: Linda A- New Beginnings Group, Walnut Creek, CA (see flyer)
- 24th Annual Friends of Bill W. Steak Fry.
  - Saturday , June 11
  - Harvard Moose Shelter 2-4:30p Steak, speaker at 5p. (see flyer)

**Schedule Maker: Naté S.**

- Schedules have been printed and are in process of being distributed. If anyone needs to obtain schedules check the local clubs or let me know and we can arrange to get some to you.
- If you have any changes or additions to the schedule, please send an email to [schedule@aa-nia-dist11.org](mailto:schedule@aa-nia-dist11.org). We print schedules approximately every quarter and the last printing was March for 2,000, so in June we will reprint.
- Please get a hold of me if you need schedules, or check the clubs.
- We print every quarter, so we'll be doing that soon. Probably June.

**Hospital & Treatment Setting Report: Maureen O. - Chair, Monica A.- Alt Chair**

- No major report.
- I dropped off books a couple weeks ago.
- But I went over my budget by \$20.
- I'm in contact with behavior health , inpatient, outpatient. Discussing how we can bridge the gap, and take people to meetings.

Keith: what happens when a committee spends their budget, and they have further requirements for their assigned tasks are. Bring that to the district, and we'll vote on extending the budget. The budget is just a guideline. So in order to carry the message, you can ask to up the budget by a certain dollar amount.

Maureen: I will do that, thank you. I'll get some numbers together from my contacts. The inpatient unit will need some for sure.

Sid: bring that to me ahead of the next meeting for new business.

**Webmaster: Harry - Chair, Kate - Alt. Chair**

- Simple stuff this month. Website updates and a few meeting changes/updates.
- Grateful for God's grace and allowing me to be of service.

**Workshop: - OPEN Chair, OPEN - Alt. Chair**

- NA

**GSR Reports:**

- Georgene Three legacies group has an open AA meeting sunday may 29th. 7pm zoom. Linda A , new beginnings, CA. Zoom information: 871 5086 9178 pw: 061415
- Mike M: soberfest fundraiser is next Saturday the 14th at mchenry township center. See website for details!
- The WAC is supporting , woodstock. Workshop. \$10 entry fee. Jimmy johns lunch. 9-4p on june 4th. Tina
- Mark (W&B) anniversary party, saturday May 7th. free , open, adult event, doors 5, food 5:30, speaker 7p. Tom the Hat, Messiah lutheran church.
- Karl , burning desire in Harvard, 4th of July party, all weekend long. Food speakers. All weekend long.

**Old Business:**

- Let's look at open positions. Can vote: Committee members and GSR's, and only alternates if their GSR is not present.
- Alt DCM, nominations? none
- Alt Secretary, nominations? none.
- Accessibilities chair, nominations? none.

- **Alt Accessibilities chair, nominations? none.**
- **Alt answering service chair, nominations? none.**
- **Grapevine Chair, nominations? none.**
- **Alt Grapevine Chair , nominations? none.**
- **LCM to join the committee?**
- **Literature, nominations? none.**
- **Alt Literature, nominations? none.**
- **Alt Treatment settings Chair, nominations?**
  - **Monica A stands**
  - **Sobriety date: Sep 1, 2012.**
  - **Looking to get more involved.**
  - **Vote. 15 for. Passes.**
  - **Congratulations!**
  - **We'll get you connected with Maureen.**
- **Workshop chair, nominations? none.**
- **Alt Workshop Chair, nominations? none.**

Sid: Please let your groups know that we're looking to fill these service positions.

### **New Business:**

GSR's, discuss with your groups and bring feedback to the May District 11 meeting: **Would we like our monthly District 11 meeting to continue to meet virtually, in-person, or hybrid (will need to explore how). If the district would like to begin meeting in-person/hybrid, where would we like the location to be?**

Recent Dist. 11 Meeting Locations:

McHenry (McHenry Alano Club) – As early as 2012 to end of 2014/beginning of 2015

Crystal Lake (First Congregational Church) – end of 2014/beginning of 2015 to 03/2017

Woodstock (First United Methodist Church) – 04/2017 to 03/2020

Keith: I have had two people ask when we will be going back in person. One of the guys doesn't do zoom or any zoomeration.

Brian: I feel that hybrid is good, and affordable. Accommodates those that don't use zoom, but also so we can incorporate those who are out of town, etc.

Mark D: W&B, no major opinion for in-person vs zoom. But suggested villa desiderata.

Jane: They pretty much said it was my decision. Oughta be hybrid.

Emily: My thoughts. District decided to go to zoom. So is there any person who wouldn't attend if it was only in person, then it should be hybrid.

Georgene: Personally, I am for meeting in person and hybrid.

Steve: I'm ok staying on zoom! Less gas and travel time. And we could do multiple folks at one location too.

Ron: What is a hybrid meeting?

Sid: We'd have a meeting in person and the ability for people to join virtually.

Ron: I'm for the in-person meeting.

Matt: I think there's great benefit for meeting in person. But there are benefits for meeting on zoom. So a hybrid would be great.

Sid: personal experience: the accessibility thing for being on zoom, is very nice. But it is very difficult to get physical information/materials out to people when we're not in person. Schedules and GSR change forms are best in-person. Service structure is an avenue of information, so there's a benefit to getting together in person. The Area has moved to a hybrid platform. Many meetings have become hybrid.

Nate: Are there talks about moving to in-person only? Or is hybrid here to stay? What's the word on the street?

Jake: Our group is hybrid. We keep it on for 10 minutes, but if not one's on there, then we shut it off.

Mark D: We haven't done hybrids. We did zoom. And then we do two separate meetings. Then we just decided not having to do the hassle of having to incorporate the laptop.

Brian H: We are hybrid. It's good for folks that are out of town. But I think it'll be indefinite.

Chade: In-person would be easier to distribute supplies. I go in-person or hybrid.

Sid: Move to look for an in-person location, and incorporate virtual ability.

Brian seconds.

Ron: Are the district meetings open to anyone? Or just the GSRs?

Sid: anyone is able to attend.

Ron: many people came to the MAC during the pandemic. It's good to have an in person thing to bring more people to the meetings.

Georgene: any locations in mind?

Sid: We wouldn't meet in June yet. But probably in July where we would have a hybrid location.

Ron: villa desiderata, is that centrally located? It's very cheap. We could go in the dorm room house. But where are the majority of people at?

Sid: We typically rotate every 2-3 years. To be in different locations of the district. MAC, woodstock, etc. Last chance house would be happy to have us, too.

Michelle: general question. I feel like I should be able to vote on this matter, even though I'm an alternate.

Sid: I would open the discussion to anyone that attends. But voting would be just to currently able-to-vote people.

**Call to vote:all those in favor of moving to a hybrid format?**

**16 in favor.**

**0 opposed.**

**Passes!**

Sid: We will be looking at locations. And I'll call out Mike M and Harry G because they have hybrid meetings currently. And I'll ask now, where should we hold it?

Villa Desiderata.

Last Chance House (JD) we've done hybrid meetings in the past here. Crystal Lake, on rt 176, crystal lake ave.

Rich: What's parking like there?

JD: 11 on the driveway, You can park on the street.

Georgene: I mentioned before, the church where Matt has his meetings. First united methodist, in mchenry.

Ron: I could contact the chapel in mchenry, they have an enormous room in the back. Or the senior pastor in libertyville.

Sid: First Thursday of the month.

Kate: faith community faith christ. Where Three Legacies used to meet.

Sweet, let's circle back next month.

**Open Mic:**

- **Mike M: Come to the Soberfest Fundraiser May 14th!**
- **D11 will be hosting the Winter assembly and committee meeting. Contact me if you'd like to be part of that committee planning meeting.**
- **Soberfest asked if D11 would put on a workshop during their conference.**

**Night out at the Dole. May 21st 7:30pm (see flyer)**

**Georgene: June 11th, 24th annual steak fry. 2-4:30p speaker at 5p. Paul B. Harvard moose shelter.**

**Meeting Closed at:\_\_\_8:45 p.m. , \_\_\_\_\_Mike M\_\_\_\_\_ seconds.**

**The next District Meeting is Thursday June 2nd, 2022 at 7:00pm via Zoom:**

**Zoom Meeting ID: 959 6776 4900**

**Passcode: District11**