

**Monthly Meeting Minutes  
District 11  
March 6th, 2025**

**Location:** Hybrid via Zoom

**Meeting time:** 7:00 pm

**Attendance:** \_31\_, in person \_21\_\_

**Committee members:** \_\_\_\_\_

**Groups represented:** \_\_17\_\_

**Guests:** \_\_\_\_\_

**Read Twelve Traditions:** \_Sarah \_\_\_\_

**Read Concept of the Month:** \_Jake\_\_\_\_\_

**New GSR's Present:** \_0\_

**New attendees present:** \_Mark\_\_\_\_\_

**Anniversaries:** \_Steve (24 Yrs.)\_\_\_\_\_

**OFFICERS' REPORTS**

**DCM Report:** DCM: Dan P. / Alt. DCM: OPEN

Good evening District 11

I hope everyone had a good month.

02/13/25 – Legacy of Service: Concepts Study – Another month of no attendees.

03/02/25 NIA (Northern Illinois Area) 20 Spring Assembly – I attended the Northern Illinois Area 20 Spring Assembly virtually. We heard, discussed and approved a floor motion to contribute \$200.00 to the East Central Region's hospitality slot at the 2025 International Convention.

We also heard from the Treasurer that NIA20's books were balanced as of December of 2024, and that our current YTD expenses have exceeded our contributions by \$7,356.23. It should be noted that there was a \$1,700.00 discrepancy that is being looked into. Most likely just a QuickBooks error. NIA20 Registrar Rob M. stepped down and Kim D., the Alternate, per our legal bylaws, stepped into the position. We elected a new Alternate Bridging the Gap chair, and a new Alternate Registrar.

During the DCM breakout we discussed the importance of the Pre-General Service Conference Workshop to the new DCMs and went over the schedule of the zoom breakout sessions leading up to the workshop. The workshop will be held Saturday April 5 th at the Dixon Elks Lodge #779 at 9AM, in Dixon, IL. I would advise going in person as I learned Saturday that Zoom can have some technical difficulties when not at Lord of Life.

The Spring Committee Meeting will be held May 10 th at Lord of Life in Elburn.

After the last District meeting, I was approached by Bill H. of Winners and Beginners, and I will be making it out to their meeting on 3/10/25 to give a brief talk on Service. If your group would like, I would be happy to talk about service-related topics.

Thank you,

Dan P

dcm@aa-nia-dist11.org

djpiepl93@gmail.com

224 605 1673

QUESTIONS:

- All breakout sessions are on zoom. See attachment sent out by DCM on 3/6/25
- Jerry not receiving e-mails (Dan has info and will update master e-mail list)

**Alt DCM Report: OPEN POSITION**

**Secretary's Report: Secretary** - Ryan D. / **Alt. Secretary** - OPEN

- Zoom Attendees Please enter your name, position and group information into the chat
- Any new meetings or changes please submit form to me directly or e-mail to:
  - [Secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org](mailto:Secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org)
- Thank you for sending your reports before our monthly meeting
- I'm having e-mail issues - if you are not receiving secretary minutes please see me so i can check the master email list.

QUESTIONS:

**\*\*Motion to accept the minutes as sent. Passed.**

***Please send written committee reports to the secretary to be submitted in minutes.***

***Email: [secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org](mailto:secretary@aa-nia-dist11.org)***

**Treasurer's Report: Treasurer** - Angelo G. / **Alt. Treasurer** - Bud S.

Over the past month we have had Income of \$5,017.60 and Expenses of \$563.74. This puts our available funds at \$4,066.51 based on our prudent reserves.

I will be looking into getting a smaller P.O. Box for the district. The price is going up and we do not need one of the current size that we have. I will be looking into where our P.O. Box number is posted so I can have those places updated to our new number. I will be printing off labels for our current stock of envelopes to update them.

Motion to accept February report? PASSED

All those in favor?

Any opposed?

Thank you!

Yours in service  
Angelo Gallegos  
Treasurer@aa-nia-dist11.org  
Lomaster1313@aol.com  
815-678-4034

**QUESTIONS:**

- John - Old timers brunch - was that a return of seed money plus income?
- A: YES - see Rich's archive report

**~Pass the 7th Tradition Basket~** \* Rent is \$1.00/per person/per hour - we typically occupy 2 hours.  
*Requested Donation of \$2.00 Per Person.*

**COMMITTEE REPORTS**

**Accessibility Report:** Chair: Craig D. / Alt. Chair: OPEN

The past month I received the Accessabilities articles from the past, this included

1 Big Book in Braille (4th edition)

1 Big Book in Braille missing part 4/7 (4th edition)

4 copies of 44 questions in Braille - now known as the FAQ

3 copies of This is AA in Braille

30+ copies of " AA for the older Alcoholic" in large print

The accessabilities service manual

various other pamphlets that are singular but I have not fully read/ check current use of.

Continued to follow up with FUMC of Woodstock to gain access to accessible door for meetings held at location - no movement yet.

Reviewed past fliers/letters sent to places such as retirement homes/assisted living groups.

Will be working on growing the committee, updating letters to send to locations, reading fully the service manual.

Thank you! Craig D

To reach me please email;

[Accessibilities@aa-nia-dist11.org](mailto:Accessibilities@aa-nia-dist11.org)

-

**QUESTIONS:**

- How can someone get ahold of Craig? E-mail in minutes

**Answering Service Report:** Chair: Mike M. / Alt. Chair - Rob R.,

Received feedback from folks saying they got their first call, super cool.

I think we have a few spots left, but thank you for circulating the flier.

	February
Answer Rate:	64.71%
Total Calls	34
Wrong Number/Hang up	12
Delivered Calls	22

Mike Mensinger

**Archives Report:** Chair: Rich H. / Alt. Chair:

Hello District 11

The Old Timers Brunch was a success, well attended, and a good time. The rent for the Wauconda American Legion Hall, \$200.00, was paid and reimbursed in August. Cost of food and supplies was \$1555.94. Thank you to Dan, Michael and Taz for working out a new menu that was delicious and cost effective. I have a lot of gratitude to our volunteers that eagerly say yes every year. Sixteen of us showed up at the American Legion Hall at 6:00am the morning of the event. Thank you to Kitchen Crew led by Dan and Michael with Jimmy, Rich, and Ted. Coffee Crew led by Harry with Anil, Rick and Jimmy. Serving Line including Set-up Led by Taz, with Mike, Alex, Eric, John, Dean, Jim, and Mike. And Clarence always being helpful. Finance led by Rebekah, with Carol and Diane at the Door, and Kelsey, Taylor, Christa, and Katie selling 50/50 tickets. Thank you to Area 20 CPC Chair Lisa for a short presentation, and District 11 Grapevine Chair Karen for a short presentation and contributing and giving away two Grapevine Subscriptions. Thank you to our Speakers Kristy and Tom for a great job.

And of course, thank you to all that attended, making everything done by all very much worth our time and effort.

Attendance was about 185 with door contributions being \$1,301.00. District 11 portion of the 50/50 was \$1,711.00, thank you to winner Mike kept the \$40.00 he spent on tickets and contributing his remaining portion.

Total Contributions:	\$3012.00
Total Expenses:	\$1755.94
Excess Funds:	\$1256.06

We are on the calendar at the Legion Hall for next year, February 22<sup>nd</sup>, with no money changing hands yet.

Rich H.

District 11 Archivist

richh925@msn.com

815-353-7850

Old Timers Brunch 2025

Seed Money:

For Food & Supplies \$ 1,500.00

For rent \$ 200.00

Total Seed Money \$ 1,700.00

Expenses:

Rent \$ 200.00

Food & Supplies \$ 1,555.94

Total Expenses \$ 1,755.94

Contributions:

Contributions at the Door \$ 1,301.00

50/50 \$ 1,711.00

Total Contributions \$ 3,012.00

Total Contributions \$ 3,012.00

Total Expenses \$ 1,755.94

Excess Funds from Event \$ 1,256.06

**CPC Report: Chair: Laurie L. / Alt. Chair: OPEN**

- Attended assembly
- Sending out mailings to churches and other religious organizations
- This month focusing on schools to get materials in there or talk to them directly.

**Corrections Report: Chair: Clint K. / Alt. Chair: Brian H.**

I will not be joining tonight because I am at the jail.

The number of cellblocks housing men has been expanded from 3 to 4 which spreads us a little bit thin if people sign up in all four.

We are continuing to promote the need for volunteers at local meetings with pretty good interest. We've got a few in the process, but we have also recently lost one man and one woman.

Our efforts continue!

Clint Kenner

corrections chair

Sent from my iPhone

***Application process at McHenry County Jail***

**<https://www.mchenrysheriff.org/corrections/about-the-jail/>**

- 1. Log on to McHenrysheriff.org (Above)**
- 2. Click on corrections tab**
- 3. Find and click on "About the jail"**
- 4. Click on Inmate Programming.... Then scroll to the bottom where it says "Jail Volunteers"**
- 5. Read the handbook and take the test....**

**Grapevine: Chair: Karen W. / Alt. Chair: OPEN**

1. There was an Area 20 Assembly on March 1<sup>st</sup>. GSO/Grapevine/LAVina is tracking data about the financial challenges with LaVina. These discussions are in preparation for the Annual Conference in late April. We invite you to join in the discussion for the

Grapevine/LaVina Zoo break out session. The details will be sent to all interested AA members and districts.

2. We gave out 2 complimentary subscriptions to Grapevine at the Oldtimers brunch on February 16<sup>th</sup>.
3. Please send me all of the Grapevine meetings held in your district. We want to develop a GV/LV page on the Website and an Area 20 Newsletter. There will be a banner added to our website.
4. Please contact me if you have questions or would like a GV/LV description and get a free annual subscription.

Respectfully submitted,

Karen

QUESTIONS:

**GSR Orientation:**

**Literature: Chair:** Christa C. / **Alt. Chair:** OPEN

On Saturday, March 1st, I attended the Spring Assembly. These are my updates. On March 24th, NIA20 Literature Chairs will participate in the PreConference Workshop. We will be reviewing items on the General Service Conference Agenda, including:

1. Updates to Living Sober
2. Progress report on development of the 4th edition of the Spanish Big Book
3. Review progress report on 5th edition Big Book, currently set to be released early 2026. (Reminder: only the stories will change.)
4. Discuss the Plain Language Big Book review process.
5. Consider request that 12 Concepts for World Service & Essays on the 12 Steps be included in the Twelve and Twelve publication.

During the breakout session I learned there are several free brochures and free pieces of literature available on the Grapevine website. I also learned that I can avoid shipping fees and taxes by picking up literature orders at CASO. Lastly, Literature packages, such as those ordered by treatment or corrections committees, have gone up in price but still reflect the standing 30% discount. (I have attached an updated list.)

There is an NIA20 Plain Language Big Book study sponsored by the Accessibilities Committee.

Sunday Nights at 7:09pm

ID: 834 1687 9125

PW: access

Yours in service,  
Christa Cruz, D11 Literature Chair

## QUESTIONS:

- Q: Jake - what has been updated in service manual?
- A: Will include that with report

**LCM Report:** Chair: OPEN**Public Information:** Chair: Georgene R. / Alt. Chair: Mark R.

- Packets are put together - were waiting for schedules
- Flyers given / pamphlets and cards for distribution in Huntley area

## QUESTIONS:

**Schedule Maker:** Chair: Scott Y. / Alt. Chair: OPEN

- New up to date (Jan 2025) in back
- The date of 2023 that is seen on them is an error and will be fixed on next run

## QUESTIONS:

- Q: When will be the next run?
- A: every three months - coming up on next so take as many as you want

**Hospital & Treatment Setting Report:** Chair: Nataé S. / Alt Chair: Jake R.

District 11,

Northwestern Behavioral badging process has seemed to slow up again. We have one member still waiting to be cleared so he can begin carrying the message at the facility. There is still a need for additional men and women to aid in fulfilling our commitment there. The available time slots are Thursdays and Sundays at 1030 am and Fridays at 230 pm.

The Rosecrance beginners meeting is moving along well and heavily attended which they are thankful for. This meeting is held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6pm at the Crystal Lake facility. All members are welcome to attend and share their experience with the first 3 steps. Also, we have been given another opportunity to visit their IOP program at the end of the month and we look forward to the privilege of educating the men and women through shared experience in Alcoholics Anonymous.

At NIRC we did receive a request for some literature in addition to the basic text Alcoholics Anonymous. Natea and I will work together to get some additional literature into the facility. This request did not come from the facility and I do not have much more information concerning this, we will keep everyone posted as more becomes revealed. Finally, we have made several attempts to begin conversations with an administrator at NIRC regarding more district involvement but nothing has materialized. We are looking for a commitment in the evenings with the intention of getting more members involved with limited availability. We will continue to move forward with this as God sees fit!

The end 😊

Thank you for the service opportunity!



Natae and Jake

Dist. 11 TS

QUESTIONS:

Q: What literature is NIRC looking for?

A: Pamphlets

Q: What is the process to get in Northwestern

A: Some vaccinations required

**Webmaster:** Chair: Doug W. / **Alt. Chair:** OPEN

Good Evening,

During the past month since the last business meeting I have made required website updates, including the Events, and Meeting pages. To have an event posted to the website, please submit an appropriate document – preferably either a Word document or a .pdf to either the Webmaster or the Secretary. Meeting updates should be submitted to the District Secretary, who will forward the change form to the District Schedule maker, Area Registrar, and the District 11 Webmaster. When the Webmaster updates the Online Schedule, the Meeting App is also updated.

I have been working on some issues referring to Webmail access/services. While I have made some progress, I will need to continue troubleshooting in-person, which won't happen until I return from FL in late April.

I am presenting a motion to add contact information for crisis centers to the website. This motion will be discussed later on in this business meeting.

As always, please submit any requests and/or problems to:

Webmaster@aa-nia-dist11.org

(847)525-3326

QUESTIONS:

**Workshop:** Chair - Blu P. / **Alt. Chair -** OPEN

- Planning something in May which may be collaborating with an area workshop

**GSR Reports:**

NONE

**Old Business:**

**OPEN POSITIONS:**

**o Officer Positions**

**Alternate District Committee Member (Alt DCM)**

**Alternate Secretary**

**o Committee Positions**

**Alternate Accessibilities (Alt ACC) Chair**

**Alternate Cooperation with the Professional Community (Alt CPC) Chair**

**Alternate Grapevine (Alt GV) Chair**

**Alternate Literature (Alt LT) Chair**

**Alternate Workshops (Alt WS) Chair**

**o Appointed Positions (If you have an interest please speak to Dan)**

**GSR Orientation Chair**

**Local Committee Member (LCM)**

**New Business:**

- **Motion to add Contact Numbers to Crisis Hotlines to the District 11 website**
  - **Rick F.** - Looked @ putting other fellowships on our meeting schedules years ago, and it was not followed through. Our tradition 4 - eludes to the fact that the founders recommend to not affiliate with other fellowships outside AA - even if the idea and intent is of good cause.
  - **Mike** - Our traditions state we can cooperate with other groups/organizations but is this crisis hotline / crossing the line. There must be a clear separation and it is questionable if we are breaking any tradition
  - **Craig** - Tag as Non-affiliated mental health resources or something along those lines so readers know it is a separate group.
  - Motion to table the motion and taken to the groups for discussion and brought back next month.
    - MOTION seconded - 22 For / 1 Opposed (Wise to bring back to the groups - however reason voted against that no matter the intention, it is vital we do not associate. Once something is added to AA lit - there is automatic affiliation which could violate tradition) PASSED TO take to group and discuss Next Month.

**QUESTIONS:**

**Open Mic:**

- **John - M/F a.m. BB 164 and Whatever it Takes** - Feb. a regular attendee celebrated 70 yrs sobriety (94 yrs old) - Jack - Wonderful example of the beauty of this program.
- **Mike** - Soberfest chair - May 10th Fundraiser coming soon. @ Mchenry conference center - details to follow
- **Kelsey** - Flying Geese 25th anniversary Mar 14th - 1st congr. Church - all are welcome Men and Women
- **Steve** - on a committee suggest changing the last line on AA business cards. It was changed 4 years ago and recently cards were seen with the wording changed back. When/HOW was that changed back? "Our business if you want to get sober - TO: We can help (Remove "business")
- **DAN** - At last committee meeting orientation for GSR was done. There are some in our district interested in having a workshop in our district. Should know more in May 2025. Opportunity for new GSR's or others new to service, to find out more about being of service.

**UPCOMING SERVICE EVENTS: (Enter from Agenda)**

- 3/13/25 - Legacy of service: General Service Manual & Concepts Study
  - 7:30 PM Via Zoom

Meeting ID: 819 5925 86250 / Passcode: 639187

**Meeting Closed at: \_\_\_\_ p.m.**

**The next District Meeting is Thursday April 3rd, 2025 at 7:00pm in person and via Zoom:**

**Zoom Meeting ID: 959 6776 4900**

**Passcode: District11**

**First United Methodist Church of Crystal Lake (236 W Crystal Lake Ave, Crystal Lake, IL 60014)**